Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A red, four-door 1997 Pontiac Grand Am and other items inside it valued together on a police report at $12,804 were taken between 10 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday from a house in the 2200 block of Rodeo, Lawrence police reported Wednesday. According to reports, a garage door was left open overnight. In the morning, a resident of the house discovered that a set of keys had been taken from the dashboard of one car, and that a second car, the Pontiac, had been stolen. Items in the car included a cellular phone, purse, billfold and checks.
- A portable phone, VCR, color television and other items valued together at $1,540 were taken between 5 p.m. May 22 and 1:33 a.m. May 27 from an apartment in the 900 block of Emery, Lawrence police reported Wednesday.
- Stereo equipment was taken between 8:42 p.m. and 8:52 p.m. May 17 from Pro Sound, 500 E. 23rd, Lawrence police reported Wednesday. Losses and damage to an east window and a glass display case totaled $1,217.84.
- The Douglas County Sheriff's Department this week was investigating a report of possible child abuse involving two Perry students. Kansas Social and Rehabilitation Services representatives were monitoring the situation and requested that authorities become involved after school officials contacted them. Sheriff's officers questioned the parents and children Tuesday afternoon. The incidents reportedly occurred between 4 p.m. Friday and 4:27 p.m. Tuesday. Classmates at either Perry Middle School or Perry Elementary were listed on reports as possible culprits.
- Stereo speakers, checks, a VCR, clothing, a pocket watch, gold and silver coins and other items valued together on a sheriff's report at $1,395 were taken between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Tuesday from a residence in the 1300 section of North 1941 Diagonal Road.
- A color television, weed trimmer, emergency scanner, microwave, VCR, hunting bow, camera, vacuum cleaner, chainsaw, nine porcelain dolls and other items valued on a police report at $3,195 were taken between 6:53 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. Tuesday from a residence in the 50 section of North 2050 Road, Lecompton.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 Kresge Rd.
- Motor-vehicle accident, no extrication, 9:08 p.m. Tuesday, 33rd and Iowa, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 9:55 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Redbud, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 12:15 a.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of West Eighth.