Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A gold and diamond ring, gold and black stone, and a gold and ruby item of jewelry valued together on a police report at $1,600 were taken between 4 p.m. May 11 and 8 p.m. Saturday from a residence in the 500 block of Frontier, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- An Alpine AM/FM compact disc player valued on a police report at $1,039 was taken between 7 p.m. Tuesday and 6 a.m. Wednesday from a vehicle in the 500 block of Eldridge, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- Two Lawrence juveniles have been questioned in connection with a bomb threat reportedly phoned in to police about 10 p.m. Wednesday night, indicating there was a bomb at Duffy's, located in the Ramada Inn, 2222 W. Sixth. It was at least the third bomb threat involving the hotel's bar in recent weeks. No explosive device was involved in any of the threats. A police dispatcher told officers to respond to the E-Z Shop, 1414 W. Sixth, where two 17-year-old Lawrence boys reportedly dialed 911 with the threat. The juveniles were questioned but apparently were not detained.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 9:32 p.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of West 21st.
- Medical emergency, 11:34 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 1:30 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 5:22 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Jana.
Criminal charges filed
- Sheila R. Robinson, 25, Lawrence, was charged on Thursday with aggravated battery, DUI and driving with a suspended license. About 5 p.m. Wednesday, Robinson allegedly punched and kicked a 47-year-old Lawrence woman in the lower parking lot of the Lawrence Riverfront Plaza Factory Outlets. According to police reports, Robinson heard the victim shout a profanity at her. A preliminary hearing was set for Wednesday. Robinson was being held Thursday in Douglas County Jail on $3,000 bond. Two others arrested during the incident, Timothy C. Robinson, Jr., 18, and Anthony J. Jernigan, 25, listed as a transient, face charges of misdemeanor battery. Robinson and Jernigan reportedly held the victim's male companion on the ground, preventing him from helping her.