Kansas Highway Patrol Trooper John Eichkorn recommended the following to drivers this weekend:
- Don't drive if you're tired. Stop and get some rest.
- Don't drive if you've been drinking alcohol, or ride with someone who has been drinking and attempts to drive.
- Make sure your vehicle is in good operating condition with fully inflated tires and good windshield wiper blades.
- Use seat belts and child safety seats.
- Don't follow other vehicles too closely.
- Obey speed limits and other traffic laws.