Archive for Saturday, March 22, 1997


March 22, 1997


Burning permits needed

within city limits

City residents who want to burn garden debris or other organic waste are required to get a burning permit, available at all fire stations.

The permit comes with a set of regulations, and is free to the public, Battalion Chief Dan Morrow said.

Among the regulations, "You have to have a way to put it (fire) out, and you have to be there," Morrow said. "It can't be within 50 feet of a building and can only be a small pile. You can't burn off your yard."

The ordinance only applies to property within city limits, Morrow said.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.