Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A tackle box, fishing pole, fishing reel and other items valued together on a police report at $1,025 were taken between 2:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Monday from a residence in the 2400 block of Louisiana, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- A 1994 Jeep was damaged and a car stereo and other items valued at $1,025 were taken between 2 a.m. and 9:10 a.m. Wednesday from a residence in the 1900 block of Stewart, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- An Alpine car stereo, compact disc and other items valued at $1,295 were taken between 12 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. Wednesday from a residence in the 1700 block of 19th Street, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- An Alpine car stereo and other items, valued at $1,070, were taken between 10 p.m. Tuesday and 12:45 a.m. Wednesday from a residence in the 200 block of Bristol Terrace, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- A 1990 Chevrolet Suburban was damaged and a Sony camcorder and Cannon 35 mm camera, valued at $1,460, were taken between 10 a.m. Saturday and noon Tuesday in the 800 block of Vermont, Lawrence police reported Thursday.
- A Shawnee man and a Topeka man were arrested early Thursday after a brief confrontation with officers in the parking lot of McDonald's, 901 W. 23rd. Christopher D. Turner, 32, Shawnee, and Christopher L. Shepard, 25, Topeka, were taken into custody shortly after 3 a.m. after officers followed their vehicle into the restaurant parking lot. Shepard, the driver of the vehicle, had outstanding warrants for his arrest from both Shawnee and Douglas counties. Shepard allegedly refused to get out of the vehicle and had to be pulled from the vehicle, according to police reports. While officers handcuffed Shepard, Turner went around the vehicle and grabbed an officer's flashlight, allegedly threatening him with it. Turner was ordered to drop the flashlight, which he did. Turner was charged on Thursday with assault on a law enforcement officer. In addition to the outstanding warrants, Shepard was arrested for having an open container and obstructing legal duties.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 3:59 a.m. Thursday, 2400 block of Louisiana.
- Motor vehicle accident, 6:45 a.m. Thursday, 31st and Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 7:33 a.m. Thursday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Medical emergency, 1:50 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 3:17 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of University.
- Medical emergency, 3:55 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Summit.
- Medical emergency, 5:06 p.m. Thursday, 2600 block of Missouri.
- Home accident, 5:24 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Pine Haven Court.
- Medical emergency, 5:25 Thursday, 100 block of North Michigan.