Law enforcement report
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical reported the following responses:
- Tree fire, 12:33 a.m. Monday, 100 block of Maple.
- Structure fire, 1:25 a.m. Monday, 511 W. Ninth. Firefighters extinguished a fire in a vacant building. The fire, believed to have been set to provide warmth for transients sleeping the building, was minor and caused $50 damage.
- Responded to an alarm at 4:19 p.m. Monday at 2328 block of Murphy. An alarm system at an Parkway Terrace apartments malfunctioned.
- Responded to an alarm at the Lawrence Riverfront Factory Outlet mall at 4:58 p.m. Monday. A faulty detector caused the alarm.
- Responded to a report of a car fire at 6:20 p.m. Monday at 2414 Ousdahl. By the time police and firefighters arrived, the car was gone.
- Medical emergency, 9:11 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 10:34 p.m. Sunday, 1300 block of New York.
- Fall, 12:40 a.m. Monday, 800 block of New Hampshire, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1:21 a.m. Monday, 100 block of Indian Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 7:06 a.m. Monday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 8:38 a.m. Monday, 1700 block of West 24th, no transport.
- Fall, 2:58 p.m. Monday, 2300 block of Iowa.
- Fall, 3:51 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of Massachusetts, no transport.
- Pedestrian-vehicle accident, 5:53 p.m. Monday, 25th and Iowa. The pedestrian was taken to Watkins Health Center at Kansas University.
- Lawrence police on Monday night arrested a 36-year-old Lawrence man on a warrant for sexual exploitation of a child. The arrest was made at the suspect's home after he allegedly took sexually explicit photographs of his girlfriend's 15-year-old-daughter between roughly Jan. 1 and Jan. 13 in a residence in the 3300 block of Iowa. The arrest warrant was issued Monday. The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 8:14 p.m. and released an hour later after posting $5,000 bond. A first appearance in Douglas County District Court was set for 3 p.m. March 18.
- Eric Stone, 18, Topeka, was arrested Monday morning for disorderly conduct, obstruction of legal duties, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of an unlawful weapon after a clerk at EZ Shop, 23rd and Haskell, called police. The employee told police a man, believed to be intoxicated, was being unruly and asking for gasoline for his vehicle. Officers found the man near his car, parked in the 2300 block of Haskell. He reportedly got into a shoving match with an officer but was subdued. He had a 20 gauge shotgun and an illegal throwing star in his vehicle, according to police reports. Drug pipes were also found. Stone was arrested about 5 a.m. Monday, and was being held in Douglas County Jail on $1,000 bond, awaiting a court appearance.