Law enforcement report
- Police on Thursday were looking into what was being classified as a "neighborhood dispute" in the 600 block of Greever Terrace, one block south of Lawrence High School. A 42-year-old Lawrence woman told police Wednesday afternoon a female neighbor repeatedly had called police regarding arguments they had about various yard issues. She said the calls made her sound like the aggressor before she had a chance to defend herself. One dispute involved broken fence posts, another involved the woman threatening to "poison" a bush, and yet another involved diverting water runoff toward her house.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Structure fire, 10:24 a.m. Wednesday, unreported location.
- False alarm, 11:14 a.m. Wednesday, 1015 Emery.
- Car fire, 2:48 p.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 7:26 a.m. Wednesday, Lewis Hall, Kansas University campus.
- Medical emergency, 7:56 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of West 26th, no transport.
- Motor-vehicle accident, 12:35 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of West Sixth, no transport.
- Emergency transfer, 2:49 p.m. Wednesday, to St. Luke's Hospital of Kansas City from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 7:37 p.m. Wednesday, 2500 block of West Ninth Terrace, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 2:07 a.m. Thursday, 600 block of Indiana.