Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A golf bag, clubs and other items valued on a police report at $1,550 were taken between 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Saturday from a vehicle in the 400 block of Country Club Terrace.
- A video game console, 96 compact discs and other items valued on a police report at $1,437 were taken between 6:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of West 13th.
- A green 1993 Kawasaki KX-60 motorcycle valued on a police report at $1,800 was taken between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 12:15 p.m. Saturday from the 1400 block of Pin Oak Dr.
- Crane equipment including "outrigger pads" and U-shaped shackles valued on a police report at $4,560 was taken between 8 a.m. Friday and 7:45 a.m. Saturday from the 800 block of Pennsylvania.
- Lawrence police are investigating an incident in which a 16-year-old Lawrence boy was threatened and the driver's side door of a vehicle was damaged at his residence between 3:50 p.m. and 4:04 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of North Second. The incident was gang-related, police said. There were no injuries.
- Lawrence police are investigating the forgery of nine checks from two businesses totaling $2,975. Five checks from Schuh Construction Co., Topeka, and four checks from Scott Temperature Equipment Co. Inc., Lawrence, all were cashed on May 9 at Dillon Store No. 68, 3000 W. Sixth. The checks were recovered Saturday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 11:39 a.m. Sunday, 920 E. 26th.
- Medical transfer, 2:39 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of West 27th Street.
- Medical emergency, 5:59 a.m. Sunday, 1300 block of Kentucky, canceled en route, no transport.
- Medical transfer, 9:56 a.m. Sunday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 10:16 a.m. Sunday, 2500 block of Crestline Place, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:17 a.m. Sunday, 1700 block of East 466 Road, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 2:16 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of Perry.
- Medical emergency, 2:26 p.m. Sunday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Medical transfer, 4:05 p.m. Sunday, 3000 block of West 31st.