Advertisement

Archive for Monday, August 25, 1997

FIRE CAUSES $800 DAMAGE TO CARPORT

August 25, 1997

Advertisement

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical crews on Sunday quickly extinguished a carport that was set on fire by a grill placed too close to the structure.

Fire and medical personnel at 5:20 p.m. were called to Gaslight Village, 1900 W. 31st, where a carport was engulfed in flames.

Firefighters extinguished the fire within a few minutes.

The fire, which destroyed the roof of the carport, caused an estimated $800 in damage.

There were no injuries.

The carport was not connected to a nearby mobile home and it was not damaged.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.