Burglaries and thefts reported
- A car stereo, 100 compact discs and a CD case valued on a police report at $1,335 were taken between 11 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. Friday from the 2400 block of West 25th.
- Cynthia Bates, 25, Blue Springs, Mo., was listed in fair condition Sunday night at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., with injuries suffered in a one-vehicle accident Aug. 31.
- Were called to a medical emergency at 11:50 p.m. Saturday at Colonial Manor, 3015 W. 31st.
- Extinguished a fire at 11:20 a.m. Sunday on the north side of the Lawrence Riverfront Factory Outlets. A section of driftwood near the bank of the Kansas River was found on fire, firefighters reported. The fire caused no damage.
- Investigated a smoke report at 12:31 p.m. Sunday at 3008 West Sixth. A plastic cup had melted in a dishwasher, causing a smoke smell, firefighters reported.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 8:25 p.m. Saturday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 8:57 p.m. Saturday, 2300 block of Ridge Court.
- Medical emergency, 9:29 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of N 1892 Road.
- Assault, 10:14 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of Connecticut.
- Automobile accident, 11:29 p.m. Saturday, Sixth and Iowa.
- Automobile accident, 11:34 p.m. Saturday, 17th and Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 11:45 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of Delaware.
- Medical emergency, 11:48 p.m. Saturday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Automobile-pedestrian accident, 12:31 a.m. Sunday, 1800 block of Naismith.
- Medical emergency, 1:24 a.m. Sunday, 2400 block of Melrose.
- False alarm, 4:31 a.m. Sunday, Oliver Hall at Kansas University.
- Medical emergency, 8:48 a.m. Sunday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 10:16 a.m. Sunday, Ithaca Court, Eudora.
- Bicycle accident, 10:58 a.m. Sunday, 4000 block of West 13th, no transport.