Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1987 Pontiac was burglarized between 1:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Kentucky, Lawrence police reported Friday. Damage to a side window and items lost -- including a bass drum -- were valued together on a police report at $1,615.
- A compact, laptop computer valued on a police report at $2,500 was taken between noon Sept. 24 and 10 a.m. Wednesday from Lawrence Memorial Hospital, police reported Friday.
- A 1993 Ford pickup was burglarized between 7 p.m. Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of East 22nd, police reported Friday. Damage to a side window and items lost -- including a car stereo and speakers -- were valued together on a police report at $1,350.
- A mountain bicycle valued on a police report at $1,200 was taken between 8 a.m. and noon Sept. 27 from a residence in the 4000 block of Overland, police reported Friday.
- A video camera, leather coat and other items valued together on a police report at $1,310 were taken between 8 p.m. Sept. 15 and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 16 from a residence in the 3000 block of Bainbridge Court, police reported Friday.
- The handmade sign of a Lawrence apartment complex was criminally damaged between 5 p.m. Sept. 28 and 8 a.m. Monday, police reported Friday. A 7-foot by 7-foot wood sign was apparently kicked or otherwise destroyed by an unknown suspect in front of Berkeley Flats apartments, 1123 Ind., police said. Damage was estimated at $2,250.
- Investigated an emergency medical call at 2:54 p.m. Thursday at 745 Vt.
- Responded to an extrication call at 7:42 a.m. Friday at Sixth and Eldridge.
- Investigated an arcing piece of electrical equipment at 9:20 a.m. Friday at Riverview and Kasold.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 10:23 a.m. Friday at 209 N. Mich.
- Removed a spill at 12:38 p.m. Friday at 3323 Iowa.
- Extinguished an outside structure fire at 6:38 p.m. Friday at the east side of Haskell Stadium.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 7:39 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Motor vehicle accident, 9:38 p.m. Thursday, 2100 block of Massachusetts, no transport.
- Bicycle/vehicle accident, 2:52 a.m. Friday, Eighth and Michigan, one transported.