Archive for Sunday, March 24, 1996


March 24, 1996


The cause of a fire March 11 in an apartment that put two people in the hospital has been ruled accidental, Lawrence Fire Marshal Rich Barr said.

Barr said the fire at 711 Rockledge started near a kitchen stove. Combustibles, including plastics, caught fire, he said.

Two residents in the apartment were hospitalized after suffering smoke inhalation.

Firefighters had said that the apartment did not contain smoke detectors. But Barr said the residence did have functioning detectors.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.