Burglaries and thefts reported
- Cash and a portable tape player valued on a police report at $1,630 was taken between 7:50 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Monday from an apartment in the 1700 block of West 24th, police reported.
- A 1982 Subaru valued on a sheriff's report at $1,500 was taken about 10:15 p.m. Monday from the 1800 section of East 1450 Road.
- John Wayne Allen, 28, 713 W. 25th, alias Dewayne Money, was arrested for aggravated assault and possession of an illegal weapon Monday afternoon after he allegedly threatened a 26-year-old Lawrence man with nunchakus about 4 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of West 25th. The victim was not injured. Allen was being held Tuesday in the Douglas County Jail without bond.
- Assisted with a medical call at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Fire Station No. 2, 1941 Haskell. A woman who had been bitten by a spider went to the fire station for medical attention. The Douglas County Ambulance Service was called. She was not taken to the hospital.
- Investigated a carbon monoxide alarm at 4:33 p.m. Monday at 1500 W. 25th Ter.
- Investigated a false alarm at 4:58 p.m. Monday at Maupintour, 1515 St. Andrews Dr.
- Investigated a smoke report at 5:14 a.m. Tuesday at 415 W. Sixth. An electrical outlet had shorted, firefighters reported.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 10:51 p.m. Monday, 1300 block of Tennessee.