Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1992 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6 motorcycle valued at $3,500 was taken between 1:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Saturday from the 800 block of New Hampshire.
- Christopher F. Albright, 18, Ottawa, was dismissed Sunday from Ransom Memorial Hospital. He was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 9:10 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 59 in Ottawa.
- Deborah Hanson, 49, Rantoul, was listed in stable condition Sunday night at Overland Park Regional Medical Center. She was injured in a two-vehicle accident at 9:10 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 59 in Ottawa.
- Derryl Johnson, 63, Topeka, was listed in satisfactory condition Friday night at St. Francis Hospital, Topeka. He was injured in a one-vehicle accident at 5:25 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 24 near Williamstown in Jefferson County.
- Eda Thomason, 60, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Sunday night at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. She was injured in an automobile accident June 10 near U.S. Highway 59 and County Road 1100N.
- Investigated a report of natural gas odor at 5:40 p.m. Saturday at Westminster Inn, 2525 W. Sixth. Firefighters detected no odor, and nothing registered on a gas monitor.
- Removed hazardous material at 7:54 p.m. Saturday from street pavement near Cynthia and Randall. A resident of Randall Street had poured gasoline from a boat gas tank into a street gutter. Some of the gasoline pooled at a dead end. Firefighters opened a hydrant to wash the area.
- Investigated a false alarm at 10:30 Saturday at the Douglas County Juvenile Detention Facility, 330 Industrial.
- Investigated a false alarm at 11:12 p.m. Saturday at Central Junior High School, 1400 Mass.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 9:27 p.m. Saturday, 1800 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 11:18 p.m. Saturday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Home accident, 2:20 a.m. Sunday, 1500 section of East 800 Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:47 a.m. Sunday, 4500 block of Wimbledon.
- Medical emergency, 12:05 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of Elm, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 12:16 p.m. Sunday, 2900 block of West 29th.
- Medical emergency, 12:31 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of McDonald.
- Home accident, 1:52 p.m. Sunday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 3:45 p.m. Sunday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Assault, 4:12 p.m. Sunday, 3300 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 4:42 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of East 11th.
- Medical emergency, 5:10 p.m. Sunday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Assault, 8:05 p.m. Sunday, 1300 block of East 15th, no transport.