Burglaries and thefts reported
- A color television, stereo and other items valued on a police report at $1,825 were taken between noon June 10 and 4:45 a.m. Saturday from a residence in the 1300 block of West 24th, police reported.
- Two computerized signs valued on a police report at $1,600 were taken between 5 p.m. July 5 and 8 a.m. July 12 from Star Signs, 801 E. 23rd, police reported.
- An air-conditioning charger, battery charger and other items valued on a police report at $8,250 were taken between 11:30 a.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. Monday from Cross Roads Auto Works, 732 N. Second, police reported.
- William Galloway, 24, Lawrence, was listed in serious condition Tuesday night at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., where he was taken after being burned in a gasoline accident July 8.
- Extinguished a fire at 8:44 a.m. Tuesday at 950 Lawrence Ave. A lamp on a basement floor had ignited clothes that were piled on top of it, firefighters reported. The fire was contained to the area of the lamp but smoke spread throughout the residence, firefighters reported. Damage was estimated at $250. A child who complained of sickness was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by the Douglas County Ambulance Service.
- Investigated a natural gas leak at 11:01 a.m. Tuesday at 25th and Redbud. The leak was coming from under the street, firefighters reported.
- Investigated a false alarm at 11:25 a.m. Tuesday at Hilltop Child Care Center at Kansas University.
- Investigated a natural gas leak at 1:39 p.m. Tuesday at 1309 N.J.
- Investigated a false alarm at 3:31 p.m. Tuesday at Garage Door Group, 3800 Greenway Cir.
- Investigated a natural gas smell at 9:23 p.m. Tuesday at 1908 E. 19th.