Archive for Saturday, July 13, 1996


July 13, 1996


Is there a veterans office or a veterans service organization in Lawrence that will help me with an appeal of a Veterans Affairs decision? And will they help me with other benefits?

After World War II, a state office was organized specifically to assist veterans with appeals, other benefits or questions.

Located at 745 Vt., within the Lawrence Senior Center, the Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs offers local assistance to veterans who cannot make it to a federal VA office in a larger city, such as Wichita.

And the service is free, said Evan Vernon, veterans service representatived.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.