- Investigated a false alarm at 11:14 a.m. Friday at 930 La.
- Investigated a false alarm at 12:02 p.m. Friday at 2709 Maverick Ln.
- Investigated a false alarm at 2:41 p.m. Friday at Learned Hall, Kansas University.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 3:14 p.m. Friday at 209 Arrowhead.
- Investigated a false alarm at 7:43 p.m. Friday at 1429 Kasold.
- Assisted police in a fire investigation at 10:42 p.m. Friday at 701 Mass.
- Responded to a false alarm at 11:36 a.m. Saturday at 1027 Miss. Humidity from a wash room set off an alarm.
- Extinguished an engine fire at 5:16 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Kasold. Damage to the 1990 Chrysler New Yorker was estimated at $3,500. The cause was unknown.
- Investigated a natural gas odor report at 6:21 p.m. Saturday at 943 E. 21st. Stood by until Kansas Public Service personnel arrived.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 7:35 p.m. Saturday at Jayhawker Towers, 1603 W. 15th. An alarm was triggered by fireworks.
- Extinguished a fire involving two cars at 12:35 a.m. Saturday at Ellis and Bagley. The fire caused an estimated $2,500 damage to one car and $1,000 to another. The cause was under investigation
- Investigated a false alarm at 5:34 a.m. Saturday at 1408 W. 23rd.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Home accident, 1:06 a.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Tennessee.
- Medical emergency, 3:49 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 5:42 a.m. Saturday, 2100 block of West 15th.
- Medical emergency, 6:31 a.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Summit.
- Medical emergency, 9:53 a.m. Saturday, 2000 section of North 1200 Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:01 a.m. Saturday, 1200 block of New York.
- Medical emergency, 11:01 a.m. Saturday, 2400 block of Melrose.
- Auto accident, 1:19 p.m. Saturday, U.S. Highway 24-40 junction.
- Medical emergency, 5:58 p.m. Saturday, 3300 block of West Eighth.