Watch out this week for crews replacing curbs along three streets south of Kansas University's main campus.
Vicki Cummiskey, the city's communication coordinator, said curb-replacement projects were scheduled to begin Monday in the following areas:
- 18th Street, from Mississippi to Maine streets;
- Illinois, from 17th to 19th streets;
- Mississippi, from 17th to 18th streets.
Expect the projects to reduce space for traffic in those areas, Cummiskey said.
Several other road projects are ongoing. Cummiskey provided the following updates:
- 23rd Street, from Haskell Avenue to Louisiana Street. Minor intersection improvements will begin Monday, while repaving will begin July 8.
- Intersection of 19th Street and Haskell -- minimal periodic delays through July 15 for installation of traffic signals.
- Harper Street, from 19th to 23rd streets -- closed to all traffic through Aug. 1 for reconstruction.
- Peterson Road, from North Iowa Street to Kasold Drive -- closed to all traffic through Oct. 1 for reconstruction.
- Intersection of Kasold Drive and Peterson Road -- lane closings through July 15 for construction of a retaining wall.
- North Second Street, Lincoln Street to the Kansas Turnpike interchange -- lane closures and delays through Aug. 1 for reconstruction.