Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating a report that a 1984 Jeep Cherokee was stolen between midnight and 2:15 a.m. Monday from the 2500 block of West Sixth. The vehicle was valued on a police report at $7,000.
- A 29-year-old Lawrence man reported that between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 9:45 a.m. Sunday someone stole his 1991 Chevrolet pickup from the 1900 block of East 19th. The truck was valued on a police report at $5,000.
- A 25-year-old Lawrence woman reported she was struck several times by 31-year-old man about 1:30 a.m. Monday in a parking lot in the 1000 block of East 23rd. The woman suffered a cut over her left eye and was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital. The suspect was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Jail in connection with aggravated battery. He is expected to make his first court appearance later today.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence woman was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after she was struck in the head with a beer bottle about 1:30 a.m. Monday during an altercation inside the Yacht Club, 530 Wis. A 24-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested and booked into the Douglas County Jail in connection with aggravated battery. She is expected to make her first court appearance later today.
- Louellen King, Oklahoma City, was listed in stable condition Monday at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., with injuries she suffered Friday in a one-vehicle accident in the 300 block of Michigan.
- Investigated a fire alarm at 9:13 p.m. Sunday at Southpointe Apartments, 2200 W. 26th. They determined that a smoke detector had been activated by cigarette smoke.
- Extinguished a fire in a trash can at 12:05 a.m. Monday at 731 N.J. There was no loss.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 12:21 a.m. Monday, 1300 block of Ash Ct., Eudora. Canceled en route.
- Battery, 1:24 a.m. Monday, 200 block of Wisconsin. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:46 a.m. Monday, 10th and Kentucky. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 4:22 a.m. Monday, 1400 block of East 21st Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 5:06 a.m. Monday, 500 block of Lake Street.
- Medical emergency, 5:41 a.m. Monday, 4500 block of Winged Foot Court.