Practices for Lawrence High's fall sports -- boys soccer, cross country, football, girls golf, girls gymnastics, girls tennis and volleyball -- begin today.
All physcial exam forms, insurance cards and contracts concerning substance abuse must be completed before practicing.
Here are practice times for the start of fall LHS sports:
- Soccer. Juniors and seniors are scheduled to report at 3:45 p.m. today at the practice fields near Maple Grove Cemetery in north Lawrence. Freshmen and sophomores will follow at 5:45 p.m.
- Cross country. Boys and girls runners are to meet at 7:30 a.m. today in the foyer of the West Gym. Also, a second run is planned for 3:15 p.m.
- Girls gymnastics. Gymnasts are scheduled to practice at 3-5:30 p.m. today in the West Gym.
- Football. Practices are at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. today. Each session will last two hours.
- Girls golf. The girls will play a nine-hole round at Alvamar today. The first tee time is at 3:04 p.m.
- Girls tennis. Practices for today and Tuesday at the Lawrence Tennis Center are 3-6 p.m. The rest of the week practices are 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Volleyball. Clinic sessions for sophomores, juniors and seniors are today at 3:30-6 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. at the East Gym. Skill tests for all classes are at 3:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday. On Wednesday, sophomores are scheduled to practice at 3:30-5 p.m. and all classes will practice at 7:30-9 p.m. On Thursday, juniors and seniors will practice at 5-6:30 p.m., and all classes will practice at 7:30-9 p.m. All classes are scheduled to practice on Friday at 3:30-5:30 p.m.