The repaving machines are scheduled to hit some residential streets beginning today.
The city's second round of road repavings is under way, and that means possible traffic delays for residents and users of some residential streets.
Vicki Cummiskey, the city's communications coordinator, said several streets would be closed for repaving beginning today, weather permitting. Only residents of the immediate area will be permitted to use the streets while repaving work is in progress.
Here's where and when:
- Today: Cynthia Street, from Randall Road to Richard Court; and St. Andrews Drive, from 16th Street to Glen Eagle Court.
- Tuesday: Prairie Avenue, from 12th to 13th streets; and Ponderosa Drive, from 23rd to 26th streets.
- Thursday: Barker Avenue, from 21st to 23rd streets.
Curb replacements also are expected to continue at the following locations: New Hampshire Street, from 17th Terrace to 19th Street and 20th to 21st streets; Alabama Street, from 27th Terrace to 28th Street; and Woodlawn Court.
Here's a status report of other road projects that could cause traffic delays, as provided by Cummiskey:
- Harper Street, 19th to 23rd streets -- some lane closures for sidewalk construction and landscaping work.
- Haskell Avenue, from 11th to 12th streets, and East 11th Street, from Delaware Street to Haskell -- closed to all traffic beginning Monday for reconstruction expected to last at least until Jan. 1. Officials previously anticipated reopening in early November.
- Haskell, from 12th to 13th streets -- lane closures through Sept. 1 for water line installation. Officials previously anticipated completion by Aug. 20.
- Lincoln Street, from North Sixth to North Seventh -- closed to all traffic for storm sewer construction, expected to last through Sept. 1.
- Intersection of 19th Street and Haskell -- minimal traffic delays through Sept. 1.
- Peterson Road, from North Iowa Street to Kasold Drive -- closed to all traffic through Oct. 1, for reconstruction.
- North Second Street, Lincoln Street to the Kansas Turnpike interchange -- lane closures and delays through Sept. 1 for reconstruction.