Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Lawrence woman reported the theft of a $2,500 gold and diamond watch that she lost Sept. 10 near Ninth and Kentucky. The woman told police that she may have lost the watch in a parking lot.
- Police are investigating the reported theft of an electric range and a microwave oven from a newly-constructed residence in the 2500 block of Alister. The police report indicates the theft occurred between Sept. 1 and Sept. 9 and that entry was gained by prying open the front door. The total loss, which included damage to the home, was estimated at $1,750. There are no suspects.
- Lisa Tidd, Lawrence, was listed in good condition Wednesday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries she received Friday in a two-vehicle accident at 23rd and Harper.
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, was listed in fair condition Wednesday at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1100 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Wednesday in an intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Russell Walters, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Wednesday at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 16 in a car-motorcycle accident at 18th and Tennessee.
- Nathan Tresser, 15 months, Leavenworth, was listed in good condition Wednesday at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Sept. 14 in a one-vehicle accident on a county road about six miles north of Tonganoxie.
- Conrad Cole, St. Louis, was listed in stable condition Wednesday at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered in a tractor accident Sept. 16 at a hot-rod tractor pull in McLouth.
- Khemarat Suthiwan, 17, a Kansas University student from Wichita, was listed in good condition Wednesday at KUMC with injuries she suffered Sept. 21 in a gymnastics accident. Officials said Suthiwan hit her head when she fell while doing a backflip in Robinson Gymnasium.
- Terry A. Lewis, 46, Ottawa, remained in critical condition Wednesday in an intensive care unit at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka with injuries he suffered Monday in an accident on U.S. Highway 59, three-quarters of a mile north of the Douglas-Franklin county line.
- Robert Scott, Lawrence, was discharged Wednesday from St. Luke's Hospital where he was treated for injuries he received Tuesday in an accident at the Lawrence Paper Co., 2801 Lakeview Rd. Company officials said Scott was injured when he stood up and accidentally bumped his head.
- Medical emergency, 9:06 p.m. Tuesday, 100 block of East Woodson, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, 10:38 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 3:06 a.m. Wednesday, 3200 block of Saddlehorn.
- Medical emergency, 3:27 a.m. Wednesday, 800 block of New Jersey.
- Medical emergency, 6:27 a.m. Wednesday, area of 1200 North 1 Road.
Marriage licenses issued
- Kevin S. Gordon, 37, Lawrence, and Sharon M. Hughes, 33, Lawrence.
- Steven W. Chaffee, 33, Lawrence, and Mary D. Souza, 44, Lawrence.
- Christopher L. Ogburn, 37, Lawrence, and Denise E. Proctor, 40, Lawrence.
- Leith E. Winsor, 25, Lecompton, and Veronica L. Garcia, 26, Lecompton.
- Massimo Ferrara, 23, Lawrence, and Ann B. Talleur, 19, Lawrence.
- Quanah J. Gray, 23, Lawrence, and Tracy L. June, 20, Lawrence.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 12:41 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of Iowa. The patient was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and released, but later returned to the hospital by ambulance and was admitted.
- Home accident, 3:43 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 3:51 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, 7:20 p.m. Wednesday, 23rd and Kasold.