Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1992 Plymouth Acclaim valued on a sheriff's report at $13,188 was taken between 6:30 a.m. and 7:01 a.m. Sunday from the 1200 block of Church in Eudora.
- One hundred sheets of plywood, siding panels and other building materials valued on a police report at $1,400 were taken between 5 p.m. Sept. 18 and 7 a.m. Friday from a construction site in the 4200 block of Crofton Court, police reported Sunday.
- Police are investigating a report of an aggravated robbery and theft at 5:33 a.m. Saturday at the Phillips 66 gas station, 900 Iowa. A knife was reportedly used in the robbery. There were no injuries, according to a police report. An undetermined amount of cash was taken from the business.
- Lisa Tidd, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Sunday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries she received Friday in a two-vehicle accident at 23rd and Harper.
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, was listed in fair condition Sunday at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1100 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, was listed in critical condition Sunday at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Russell Walters, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Sunday in an intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 16 in a car-motorcycle accident at 18th and Tennessee.
- Nathan Tresser, 15 months, Leavenworth, was listed in fair condition Sunday at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Sept. 14 in a one-vehicle accident on a county road about six miles north of Tonganoxie.
- Conrad Cole, St. Louis, was listed in serious condition Sunday at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered in a tractor accident Sept. 16 at a hot-rod tractor pull in McLouth.
- Khemarat Suthiwan, 17, a Kansas University student from Wichita, was listed in fair condition Sunday at KUMC with injuries she suffered Thursday when she hit her head while doing a backflip in Robinson Gymnasium at Kansas University.
- Investigated a smoke report at 10:21 p.m. Saturday in an apartment at 1904 W. 25th. Some cooking grease had burned.
- Investigated a false alarm at 10:28 p.m. Saturday at Coleman American, 431 N. Iowa.
- Extinguished a fire at 3:39 a.m. Sunday in a residence at 931 Mich. A cigarette ignited a mattress, which was removed from the residence and put out by the time firefighters arrived. Damage was estimated at $50.
- Were called to assist police with a vehicle in the Kansas River at 8:02 a.m. Sunday at a boat ramp at Eighth and Oak.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service made the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 12:59 a.m. Sunday, 2700 block of West 27th Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 1:44 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of Kasold, canceled en route.
- Medical emergency, 2:42 a.m. Sunday, Naismith Hall, 19th and Naismith.
- Medical emergency, 4:18 a.m. Sunday, 600 block of Illinois, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:05 p.m. Sunday, 1500 block of Kentucky.
- Extinguished a brush and tree fire at 7:44 p.m. Saturday in a yard at 1524 Barker. The resident said he was unable to extinguish the brush fire.
- Responded to a report of a brush fire at 7:50 p.m. Saturday at 1311 Prairie. Residents had the fire under control when firefighters arrived.