Burglaries and thefts reported
- Kansas University reported that between 8 p.m. Wednesday and 10 a.m. Thursday someone stole 19 long-sleeved KU Rugby team jerseys valued at $1,064 from an apartment building laundry room at 2500 W. Sixth when they were left in a dryer overnight.
- A 33-year-old Lawrence man reported to police he was robbed of $60 in cash at 1 a.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of Massachusetts by an unknown man.
- Lisa Tidd, Lawrence, remained in stable condition Saturday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries she received Friday in a two-vehicle accident at 23rd and Harper. A second person who was injured in the accident, Wayne Powell, Lawrence, was discharged from LMH on Saturday.
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, was listed in fair condition Saturday at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1100 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, remained in critical condition Saturday in an intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Russell Walters, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Saturday in an intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 16 in a car-motorcycle accident at 18th and Tennessee.
- Nathan Tresser, 15 months, Leavenworth, was listed in fair condition Saturday at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Sept. 14 in a one-vehicle accident on a county road about six miles north of Tonganoxie.
- Conrad Cole, St. Louis, was listed in serious condition Saturday at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered in a tractor accident Sept. 16 at a hot-rod tractor pull in McLouth.
- Khemarat Suthiwan, 17, a Kansas University student from Wichita, was listed in fair condition Saturday at KUMC with injuries she suffered Thursday when she hit her head while doing a backflip in Robinson Gymnasium on the Kansas University campus.
- Investigated a smoke scare at 9:10 p.m. Friday at an apartment at 1012 Emery Rd. Determined that smoke from cooking had set off a fire alarm.
- Investigated a fire alarm at 2:28 a.m. Saturday at Moore Hall on the Kansas University campus. Determined the alarm was the result of a system malfunction.
- Responded to a trash fire at 1:17 p.m. Friday at 2100 Harper where they extinguished a dumpster fire.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Trauma emergency, 11:57 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of West Campus Road. One patient was admitted to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with what police are investigating as a self-inflicted stab wound to the stomach. The woman was listed in fair condition on Saturday.
- Medical emergency, 4:32 a.m. Saturday, 1400 block of Prospect.
- Medical emergency, 4:33 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of Hilltop.
- Assault, 6:43 a.m. Saturday, 1300 block of New Jersey, no patients transported.
- Medical emergency, 6:48 a.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Connecticut.
- Medical emergency, 7:57 a.m. Saturday, 10th and Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 8:34 a.m. Saturday, 15th and Lindenwood.
- Medical emergency, 10:31 a.m. Saturday, Memorial Stadium.
- Medical emergency, 11:29 a.m. Saturday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Auto Accident, 1:22 p.m. Saturday, Iowa and University, no patients transported.
- Medical emergency, 1:36 p.m. Saturday, 900 section of East 850 Road.
- Medical emergency, 7:15 p.m. Saturday, 3000 block of W. Sixth.
- Auto accident, 7:17 p.m. Saturday, 1/2 mile east of US-59 on US-56, one patient transported to LMH.