Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- An Onaga man reported that between 4 p.m. and 11:45 p.m. Wednesday, someone stole his 1986 Isuzu Trooper that was parked at North Third and Maple. The vehicle, which was valued on a police report at $3,600, was locked, according to its owner. However, there was a second set of keys inside the vehicle. There are no suspects.
- KPL, 746 E. 27th, has reported that between 5:30 p.m. Sept. 8 and 6 p.m. Sunday, someone stole a $5,000 IBM laptop computer from the office. No sign of forced entry was found at the office. There are no suspects.
- A 26-year-old Webb City, Mo., man has reported to police that between 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday, someone stole $2,400 in cash from his room at the Ramada Inn, 2222 West Sixth. The victim was staying in the hotel while doing contract work at the hotel. There was no sign of forced entry to the room, and police have no suspects.
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, remained in critical condition Thursday in the intensive care unit at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1100 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, was listed in critical condition Thursday in an intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Kalabe Wilson, Eudora, was discharged Wednesday from KUMC, where he had been undergoing treatment for injuries he suffered Tuesday in a bicycle accident near Ninth and Oak in Eudora.
- Brent Latessa, Lawrence, was listed in good condition Thursday at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Tuesday in a forklift accident near Seventh and Oak in Eudora.
- Extinguished a fire at 2:52 a.m. Thursday in a 1990 Jeep that was parked in a lot at 1301 West Campus Rd. The fire destroyed the vehicle, which was valued at $9,000. The fire also caused an estimated $1,600 damage to vehicles that were parked on either side of the Jeep. The cause of the fire remained under investigation.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 9:58 p.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of West Eighth.
- Medical emergency, 12:33 a.m. Thursday, 1900 block of Riverridge, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1:04 a.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Haskell, no transport.
Marriage licenses issued
- John L. Bremer, 47, Lawrence, and Tina L. Oliver, 32, Lawrence.
- William H. Gault, 24, Wichita, and Heidi L. Schomacker, 24, Wichita.
- David J. Treptow, 46, Baldwin, and Michele A. Kessler, 32, Baldwin.
- Kelvin McClenton, 42, Lawrence, and Joyce M. Menhusen, 51, Lecompton.
- Earl A. Blessing Jr., 28, Lawrence, and Lisa A. Breithaupt, 27, Lawrence.