Law enforcement report
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, was listed in serious condition Sunday night at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1000 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, was listed in critical condition Sunday night in the intensive care unit at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Extinguished a fire at 6:40 p.m. Saturday in the gymnasium of New York School, 936 N.Y. Wood and exterior trim in the gym were burned, causing an estimated $2,000 in damage, firefighters reported. The cause of the fire was undetermined. There were no injuries.
- Investigated a false alarm at 11:34 p.m. Saturday at Watson Library at Kansas University.
- Extinguished a house fire at 6:12 a.m. Sunday at 912 Ark. A candle ignited a mattress and pillow in a bedroom in the one-story house, firefighters reported, causing an estimated $3,000 damage to the home and contents. At least three people in the house at the time of the fire left the house. There were no injuries.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service made the following responses:
- Fire standby, 6:46 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of New York, no transport.
- False alarm, 8:16 p.m. Saturday, 10th and Tennessee, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 9:21 p.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Kentucky.
- Medical emergency, 9:35 p.m. Saturday, 3100 block of 31st.
- Assault, 10:49 p.m. Saturday, 1000 block of East 23rd, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1:21 a.m. Sunday, 700 block of New Hampshire.
- Medical emergency, 2:15 a.m. Sunday, 1100 block of West 29th Terrace.
- Assault, 2:34 a.m. Sunday, 800 block of Massachusetts.
- Public accident, 4:20 a.m. Sunday, Grandview Trailer Park, Eudora, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 6:14 a.m. Sunday, 3300 block of West 26th.
- House fire, 6:17 a.m. Sunday, 900 block of Arkansas, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:18 a.m. Sunday, 900 block of Pine, Eudora.
- Automobile accident, 12:57 p.m. Sunday, 800 section of East 1375 Road, no transport.
- Automobile accident, 1:21 p.m. Sunday, Sixth and Dearborn, Baldwin, canceled en route.
- Public accident, 2:25 p.m. Sunday, YSI fields, 27th Street and Wakarusa Drive.
- Medical emergency, 4:28 p.m. Sunday, 900 block of New Hampshire, no transport.