Archive for Friday, October 20, 1995


October 20, 1995


If you're getting a divorce, does it have to be filed in the same county in which you were married?

No, according to Shelley Bock, a Lawrence attorney who practices family and general law.

The law stipulates that a couple must reside in Kansas for at least 60 days in order to file for divorce in the state. Once that residency is established, the couple can file for divorce in the county in which they reside, in the county in which the respondent (person from whom you are seeking the divorce) may be served or in the county where they jointly agree to file the case.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.