Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Lawrence woman has told police that between 4:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Wednesday someone stole $1,725 in stereo and electronic equipment from her home in the 3100 block of West 22nd. Entry was made through a sliding glass door. The woman identified two possible suspects for police, but they have not been contacted.
- Police are investigating a report that between midnight and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday someone entered a garage in the 4400 block of Stone Meadows Court and stole property valued at $1,495. The report indicates the missing property included four bicycles and a purse and its contents. Two of the bicycles were recovered in the 1200 block of Oak Tree and two were recovered in the 2000 block of West 27th. The purse, an antique sapphire and diamond ring and credit cards are still missing. Those items were valued together at $745.
- A 28-year-old Lawrence police officer has reported that between 10:28 a.m. and 4 p.m. Wednesday he received four, unwanted phone calls at his residence from a person who is incarcerated in the Douglas County Jail. The officer said he didn't accept the collect calls. According to the report, the 37-year-old man who is identified as a possible suspect has made threatening statements to the officer in the past.
- A Lawrence woman, Brenda Clark, was listed in fair condition Thursday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries she received Oct. 13 in a one-vehicle accident at 597 N. 1850 Rd.
- Linden W. Keith, 49, Ottawa, was moved to a rehabilitation unit Thursday at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. She was injured Aug. 30 in a one-vehicle accident at Douglas County roads 550 North and 1100 East, southwest of Lawrence.
- Warren Oshel, 47, Lawrence, was upgraded to fair condition Thursday at KUMC with injuries he suffered Sept. 3 in a motorcycle accident about two miles north of Midland Junction in Jefferson County.
- Terry A. Lewis, 46, Ottawa, remained in critical condition Thursday in an intensive care unit at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka with injuries he suffered Sept. 25 in an accident on U.S. Highway 59, three-quarters of a mile north of the Douglas-Franklin county line.
- Investigated a possible oven fire at 11:16 p.m. Wednesday at 2200 W. 26th. Firefighters found that a plastic lid on a baking dish had melted in the oven.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Battery, 12:05 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of Massachusetts. A Lawrence man was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital where he was treated and released.
- Motor vehicle accident, 12:15 a.m. Thursday, Sixth and Kasold. One person was treated at LMH and released.
- Medical emergency, 4:41 a.m. Thursday, Oliver Hall, Kansas University.
Marriage licenses issued
- Jared M. McNally, 19, Lawrence, and Jamie L. Magnett, 18, Onaga.
- Mark A. Bucholtz, 34, Lawrence, and Kathy E. Crowther, 40, Lawrence.
- Collin J. Reed, 27, Lawrence, and Vicky S. Brown, 19, Lawrence.