Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 23-year-old Lawrence man told police that between 6:50 p.m. and 7:35 p.m. Tuesday someone stole his 1992 four-door blue Ford Escort valued at $8,000 while it was parked at 937 Miss. The car and stereo are valued together at $8,300.
- A 30-year-old Lawrence man told police that between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 9 a.m. Thursday someone stole his 1983 Chevrolet truck valued at $3,700 while it was parked at 533 Walnut.
- Authorities reported at 11:47 a.m. Nov. 14, four 10-hour parking meters valued at $2,200 were stolen from the 800 block of New Hampshire.
- An 82-year-old Lawrence woman told police that between 8:15 a.m. and 10 a.m. Tuesday someon stole $4,000 in miscellaneous currency from her home at 1416 Summit.
- A 45-year-old Lawrence woman told police that between 7:30 p.m. Monday and 10:30 p.m. Wednesday, miscellaneous items valued at $4,528 were taken from her home at 3323 Iowa.
- A 52-year-old Eudora man told Douglas County Sheriff's deputies that between 9:15 a.m. and 8 p.m. Wednesday, someone took $6,405 in property from his home at 2117 N. 1200 Rd.
- LRM Industries, 600 Lincoln, told police that between 5:30 p.m. Tuesday and 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, someone did $1,770 in criminal damage to equipment at Fall Creek.
- A 33-year-old male clerk at the Kwik Shop at 3440 W. Sixth told police that at 3:43 a.m. Thursday, an apparently armed man entered the store and demanded cash from the register. The clerk complied, and the man fled. The robber is described as a white male, 6-feet tall, with dark hair and a slender build, and was last seen wearing a green army jacket with a hood, dark sunglasses and a green shirt. No arrests have been made.
- LRM Industries, 600 Lincoln, told police that between November 18 and Monday someone did $1,235 in criminal damage to property at Kasold and Peterson.
- A 17-year-old Topeka man told police he was going for a walk at 12:30 a.m. Thursday at 3106 Iowa when two men he didn't know jumped him and beat him up. The man refused medical treatment for his injuries.
- A 48-year-old Lawrence man told police he had just gotten in his car after excercising his dog at 11 p.m. Friday at Riverfront Park when two men, one armed with a shotgun and another armed with a knife, robbed and beat him. The victim was treated and released at LMH for his injuries. A complete description of the robbers was unavailable.
- Douglas County authorities are investigating a fire between 1:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday that destroyed a barn and equipment valued together at $20,500 at 702 E. 661 Diagonal Road.
- A 33-year-old Lawrence man was arrested in connection with aggravated assault and domestic battery for an incident at 6 p.m. Saturday in the 1300 block of W. 31st. The man allegedly beat a woman and then threatened a man with a handgun when the man tried to intervene.
- State Sen. Phil Martin, D-Pittsburg, was listed in fair condition Saturday at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center with injuries he received Monday night in a two-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 40 near Big Springs.
- Medical emergency, 9:03 p.m. Friday, 2400 block of Melrose.
- Medical emergency, 3:11 a.m. Saturday, Stauffer Place Apartments.
- Medical emergency, 3:39 a.m. Saturday, 2800 Belle Haven.
- Medical emergency, 7:34 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of E. 11th.
- Medical emergency, 8:25 a.m. Saturday, 1400 block of E. 21st Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 11:29 a.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Pennsylvania.
- Home accident, 12:28 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 2:33 p.m. Saturday, 1900 block of W. 31st.
- Auto accident, 8:35 p.m. Saturday, U.S. Highway 24-59 and county road 1045, one transport.
- Public accident, 8:39 p.m. Saturday, 700 block of Massachusetts.