Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Lawrence man reported that three bicycles, valued together on a police report at $3,700, were stolen between 11 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday from his garage in the 300 block of East 12th. The report indicated that entry to the garage was forced. There are no suspects.
- Two women's rings, valued together at $1,100, were stolen between Sept. 10 and Nov. 16 from a residence in the 1200 block of Ohio. The loss was reported to police on Tuesday. One of the rings was gold with diamonds. The other was gold with a sapphire and diamonds. There are no suspects.
- A Lawrence woman told police that between Sept. 30 and Nov. 14, someone stole two engagement and wedding ring sets and several rolls of quarters from her residence in the 1700 block of Maple Lane. The total loss was estimated at $2,950 on the police report. There are no suspects.
- Police are investigating a report that between 9:45 p.m. and 11:25 p.m. Monday, someone stole a laptop computer, a camera, assorted basketball cards and other items from a residence in the 1700 block of Miller Drive. Entry to the residence was made through a rear door. There are no suspects.
- Bradley's Inc., a Hastings, Neb., company, reported the theft of a 1990 Dodge Caravan. A police report indicates that the van was taken sometime between 10 a.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday from the 300 block of Clayton Court. The police report indicates that the van was unlocked and the keys were in it. There are no suspects.
- Wilda Zook, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition Wednesday at Kansas University Medical Center, where she was taken Friday night after a motor vehicle accident near the intersection of U.S. Highway 56 and Kansas Highway 33.
- State Sen. Phil Martin, D-Pittsburg, was listed in fair condition Wednesday at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center with injuries he received Monday night in a two-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 40 near Big Springs.
- Were called at 8:40 p.m. Tuesday to 2500 Westdale to extinguish a fire in a pile of wood that was stacked under a deck. The report indicates that the resident had put burned wood from the fireplace on top of a stack of firewood. About $100 damage was done to the deck.
- Were called at 9:13 p.m. Tuesday to investigate a carbon monoxide detector that was sounding at 141 N. Michigan. Firefighters determined that the detector's battery was bad.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Battery, 11:55 p.m. Tuesday, Riverfront Park. A Lawrence man was treated at Lawrence Memorial Hospital and released.
- Medical emergency, 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of West 29th Terrace.
Marriage licenses issued
- Theodore S. Madl, 48, Baldwin, and Rita A. Conroy, 30, Lawrence.