Burglaries and thefts reported
- A black duffel bag with clothing and other items, valued on a police report at $4,525, was taken between 10 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. Tuesday from a vehicle in the 3100 block of Tomahawk.
- Officers from the Tri-County Drug Enforcement Unit arrested a 21-year-old Lawrence man and a 19-year-old Lawrence woman Tuesday in connection with multiple drug charges. Each were arrested in connection with sale of marijuana, possession with intent to sell marijuana, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and no tax stamp. They were booked into the Douglas County Jail Tuesday night and were being held without bond.
- Police on Monday recovered a white-and-purple jet ski reported stolen from a 24-year-old Aurora, Colo., man. The vehicle was found in a parking lot at 2429 Iowa. A police report did not indicate the jet ski's value or when it was reported stolen.
- Investigated a smoke report at 9 a.m. at Lawrence Presbyterian Manor, 1429 Kasold. Dust from a heater activated an alarm, firefighters reported.
- Extinguished a house fire at 2:17 p.m. Tuesday at 840 W. 21st. The fire, caused by a candle in a bedroom, caused $20,000 in damage, firefighters reported. There were no injuries.
- Investigated a smoke report at 2:18 p.m. Tuesday in an apartment at 1401 Apple Ln. No fire was found, firefighters reported.
- Investigated a vehicle fire at 3:23 p.m. Tuesday at 18th and Louisiana. A short-circuit ignited transmission fluid in the engine area of a 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass, firefighters reported. Damage was listed at $25.