Burglaries and thefts reported
- LRM Industries, 600 Lincoln, has reported that between May 1 and May 9 someone broke into a storage trailer and stole a generator valued at $1,300. The trailer was parked in the 3700 block of East 23rd. A police report indicated that about $50 in damage was done to the trailer during the break-in. Police have no suspects.
- Police are investigating a report that two windows on a 1984 Toyota van were broken out between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. Tuesday while the vehicle was parked in the 100 block of Indian Avenue. The windows were valued on a police report at $1,000. There are no suspects.
- A 15-year-old Lawrence girl has reported to police that she was fondled and raped by a 30-year-old Lawrence man. According to a police report, the incidents started in November 1993 and continued until Wednesday. The alleged rape occurred in July 1994. A report on the alleged incidents was filed with police Thursday. Police have not contacted the suspect.
- Robert G. Cernech, 38, Kansas City, Kan., was expected to be released this morning from the Kansas University Medical Center, where he was taken after a two-vehicle accident March 29 on U.S. Highway 24-59, about 1 1/2 miles west of the Douglas-Jefferson county line. Hospital officials had no information on his condition.
- Harold L. Galyardt, 65, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition this morning at KUMC. Police said Galyardt suffered a severe head injury April 25 when he was beaten during an alleged break-in at Reuter Pipe Organ Co., 612 N.H.
- Kenneth Hartoebben, 22, Overbrook, was listed in fair condition this morning at KUMC with injuries he suffered Tuesday when a scissor lift he was operating at The Garage Door Group, 3800 Greenway Cir., tipped over.