Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating a report that two videocasette recorders and other items were stolen between 6:25 p.m. Thursday and 12:15 a.m. today from a residence in the 800 block of East 13th. Entry was gained by forcing open a rear door. The value of the items was estimated at $1,113.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence man and a 24-year-old Lawrence woman remained in the Douglas County Jail this morning after their arrests Thursday night in connection with a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of West 14th. Police reports indicate that after the pair was brought into the Douglas County Jail for booking, the man allegedly picked up a chair and threw it at the woman. The chair struck the woman and another 27-year-old man. The woman was booked into jail in connection with domestic battery. The male suspect was booked in connection with domestic battery, aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery. Both are expected to make their first court appearances this afternoon.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence woman was arrested by police early this morning after she allegedly struck a 19-year-old Lawrence man with her car. Police said the victim and a 19-year-old Topeka man had gone to the suspect's residence in the 2700 block of Rawhide about 3 a.m. today to retrieve some of the Topeka man's clothing. After the men got the clothing and were standing outside their car, the woman allegedly got into her vehicle, started it and drove into the men's car. The Lawrence man was treated and released at Lawrence Memorial Hospital for injuries to his hand and arm, police said. The woman is expected to make her first court appearance this afternoon.
- Daniel Fonseca, 13, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition this morning at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Tuesday in a bicycle accident near his home.
- Peter A. Anderson, 57, Lawrence, was listed in fair condition this morning at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Sunday in a two-vehicle accident at 25th Street and Ridge Court.
- Robert G. Cernech, 38, Kansas City, Kan., was listed in fair condition this morning at Kansas University Medical Center, where he was taken after a two-vehicle accident March 29 on U.S. Highway 24-59 about 1 1/2 miles west of the Douglas-Jefferson county line.