- Extinguished a vehicle fire at 2 p.m. Thursday at 1345 Tenn. Firefighters said a Jeep caught fire when fuel leaked on the manifold.
- Responded to a false alarm at 6:21 p.m. Thursday at Central Junior High School, 1400 Mass. Welders working in the school accidentally activated an alarm, firefighters said.
- Responded to a false alarm caused by dust in a detector at 7:16 p.m. Thursday at the Art and Design building at Kansas University.
- Were called about a false alarm caused by a system malfunction at 9:03 p.m. Thursday at Ellsworth Hall at Kansas University.
- Were called at 10:09 p.m. Thursday about a couch on fire outside of McCollum Hall at Kansas University. Firefighters said investigators learned from a witness that someone lit what looked like fireworks, threw them on a couch, then ran away.
- Were called about 10:18 p.m. Thursday about a smoke scare at an apartment at 1012 Emery. Firefighters said a thermostat on a furnace malfunctioned.
- Were called at 12:50 a.m. today about a car fire at a mobile home at 3323 Iowa, Lot 434. Firefighters said when they arrived the fire had been extinguished. Firefighters said they were investigating the fire as an arson.
- Responded to a false alarm at 1:02 a.m. today at Oliver Hall, 1815 Naismith. Firefighters said smoke from fireworks that were set off in the second floor north wing restroom triggered two detectors in the area.