Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating a report that car stereo equipment and six compact discs were stolen between 12:30 a.m. Saturday and 1:30 p.m. Sunday from a 1988 Volkswagen that was parked in the 500 block of Minnesota. The total value of the items was listed on a report at $1,190.
- A 32-year-old Lawrence woman told police that between 5:15 p.m. Monday and 7:55 a.m. Tuesday someone stole her 1994 Geo Metro, which was parked in the 2200 block of West 26th. The vehicle, which was valued on a police report at $8,000, was locked, according to the report. Police have no suspects.
- Property, including a television, two firearms, clothing and jewelry, was stolen between 7:40 a.m. and 3:50 p.m. Tuesday from a residence about five miles northeast of Baldwin on North 400 Road. A sheriff's report indicates entry was made by forcing open a rear basement door, and the total loss, including property damage, was $1,660.
- Sheriff's deputies are investigating the reported theft of property including two televisions, tools and jewelry that were stolen between 11:15 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. Friday from a residence six miles west of Lawrence on North 1600 Road. Entry was made through a garage window. There are no suspects.
Kansas University Police reports
- A 49-year-old graduate student at Kansas University was booked into the Douglas County Jail shortly after 8 p.m. Tuesday in connection with allegedly taking aggravated indecent liberties with a 15-year-old Lawrence girl. Lt. Vic Strnad of the KU Police Department said the victim told police that the suspect fondled her between 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Tuesday while she was in his room in Oliver Hall. The suspect reportedly was tutoring the girl in math. The suspect is expected to make his first court appearance this afternoon.
- A 13-year-old Lawrence boy, Daniel Fonseca, was listed in fair condition this morning in an intensive care unit at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., a hospital spokesman said. The boy sustained injuries in a bicycle accident Tuesday evening. Details about the accident were unavailable this morning.
- Peter A. Anderson, 57, Lawrence, was listed in good condition this morning at St. Luke's Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., with injuries he suffered Sunday in a two-vehicle accident at 25th Street and Ridge Court.
- Jordan E. Brooks, 10, Lawrence, was dismissed Tuesday from Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo., where he had been undergoing treatment for injuries he suffered May 2 when he was struck by a car near the intersection of Sixth and Michigan streets.
- Robert G. Cernech, 38, Kansas City, Kan., was listed in fair condition this morning at Kansas University Medical Center, where he was taken after a two-vehicle accident March 29 on U.S. Highway 24-59 about 1 1/2 miles west of the Douglas-Jefferson county line.
- Harold L. Galyardt, 65, Lawrence, remained in critical condition this morning at KUMC. Police said Galyardt suffered a severe head injury April 25 when he was beaten during an alleged break-in at Reuter Pipe Organ Co., 612 N.H.