Advertisement

Archive for Tuesday, May 9, 1995

FIRE CALLS

May 9, 1995

Advertisement

Lawrence firefighters:

  • Were called to investigate a smoke smell at 9:50 a.m. Monday at Kappa Alpha Theta sorority, 1433 Tenn. Firefighters said they found a clothes dryer in the basement with an overheated motor.
  • Responded to a false alarm caused by a system malfunction at 11:26 a.m. Monday at Haworth Hall on Kansas University's campus.
  • Were called to extinguish a roof fire at 8:57 p.m. Monday at Sirloin Stockade, 1015 Iowa. Firefighters said the fire was caused by a short-circuit in a neon sign that was attached to the building. Firefighters estimated the damage at $150.
  • Responded to a false alarm caused by a faulty smoke detector at 1:14 a.m. today at a home at 2030 Barker.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.