Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, March 30, 1995

TOASTER FIRE CAUSES $30,000 IN DAMAGE

March 30, 1995

Advertisement

A toaster fire that erupted when a piece of bread overheated caused an estimated $30,000 damage shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday to a home at 2001 Crossgate.

When the first firefighting crews arrived at the residence occupied by Susan Rumans, they found smoke coming from the two-story, wood-frame home.

Battalion Chief Bill Stark said that a teen-age boy had put the bread into the toaster, punched it down and then gone to the downstairs portion of the home. He was alerted to the fire by a smoke detector and went back upstairs to find the cabinets above the toaster in flames.

Stark said the home sustained heavy fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the first floor.

Firefighters rescued a small dog from the inside of the residence

The owner of the property is listed on the fire department report as Dick Edmondson, 1786 E. 1200 Rd.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.