Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 33-year-old Lawrence man reported that someone entered his residence in the 1200 block of Haskell between 10:10 p.m. and 10:25 p.m. Friday while he was home and took a nylon bag filled with $40 in coins, according to a police report. Additional information was unavailable.
- A mobile telephone valued on a police report at $1,200 was taken between 8 a.m. March 6 and 9 a.m. Thursday from a residence in the 2200 block of Alabama, police reported Saturday.
- David C. Westphal, 50, Overland Park, remained in satisfactory condition Saturday night at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka. Westphal was injured Feb. 15 in a one-vehicle accident about three miles west of Lawrence on U.S. Highway 40.
- Robert M. Dillon, 68, Pomona, remained in fair condition Saturday night at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., with injuries he suffered in a car-tractor accident Monday night about five miles south of Lone Star Lake on Douglas County Road 1029.
- Investigated a smoke report at 12:03 a.m. Saturday at 1012 Emery Dr. A pan had been left on a stove.
- Investigated a reported illegal burning of trash at 7:12 a.m. Saturday on North Michigan Street. A fire report did not indicate the exact location.
- Were called to a grass fire at 11:47 a.m. at 28th and Winterbrook. The fire was under control by the landowner, firefighters reported.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service made the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 8:41 a.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 9:52 a.m. Friday, 100 block of Arkansas.
- Medical emergency, 2:01 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine.
- Automobile accident, 2:44 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of Massachusetts, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 2:51 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of East 23rd.
- Medical emergency, 5:21 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of West 26th.
- Medical emergency, 7:12 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 8:11 p.m. Friday, 2400 block of Harvard.
- Medical emergency, 9:21 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of West Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 12:15 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of Iowa.