Burglaries and thefts reported
- Three handguns and other property valued on a police report at $1,463 reportedly were stolen between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Friday from a residence in the 1300 block of Prairie Avenue. The report indicated entry was made by forcing open a door. Police have no suspects.
- A Lawrence woman has reported the theft of property valued at $3,270 from her apartment in the 1000 block of Emery. The woman told police that the property, including two televisions, stereo equipment and more than 150 compact discs, was taken between 3 p.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday. Entry was gained by prying open a bedroom window.
- A 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass, valued on a police report at $2,500, was reported stolen between 8:59 p.m. and 9:10 p.m. Saturday from outside a residence in the 900 block of West 28th Ter. The owner of the car reported that the car was unlocked and that a set of keys was stolen from the vehicle two days earlier. Police have no suspects.
- A snowboard, a pair of freestyle ski boots and other property valued on a police report at $1,368 reportedly were stolen between 11:30 p.m. March 5 and 8 a.m. March 6 from a vehicle parked in the 200 block of McDonald Drive. A 27-year-old Jamestown, N.D., man told police the items were taken from a truck he was renting.
- Two pickup trucks, valued together on a police report at $1,500, reportedly were stolen between 11 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Saturday from the 2800 block of Four Wheel Drive. The vehicles were described as a blue 1968 Chevrolet and a red 1969 Chevrolet. Both were unlocked, according to the report.
- A pizza delivery driver told police that about 4:15 a.m. Saturday someone stole a pizza delivery bag containing a large pizza from her vehicle, then shifted gears in the vehicle, causing it to roll down an embankment and strike some trees. The 22-year-old victim told police the incident occurred in the 1500 block of Louisiana. She estimated that the impact did about $1,000 damage to the front end of her 1987 Nissan. The pizza bag and pizza were valued together on the police report at $30.
- Assorted computer and stereo equipment and other property valued together on a police report at $7,520 reportedly were stolen between 8:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 a.m. Sunday from an apartment in the 1100 block of Ohio. Entry to the apartment was made by cutting a window screen. Police have no suspects.
- Police are investigating a report that a 13-year-old Lawrence boy was physically abused by a 43-year-old Lawrence man during a disturbance last Tuesday at a residence in the 2500 block of Morningside. According to the report, the suspect allegedly kicked the boy in the chest while he was involved in an altercation with his mother. Police have not contacted the suspect.
- David C. Westphal, 50, Overland Park, remained in satisfactory condition this morning at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka. Westphal was injured Feb. 15 in a one-vehicle accident about three miles west of Lawrence on U.S. Highway 40.
- Thomas J. Streit Jr., 20, remained in fair condition this morning at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Streit was injured March 4 in a van-moped accident at Ninth and Ohio.
- Sathya and Sneha Shivkumar were released late Saturday from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning in their home at 4616 Harvard. Police reports indicate that the two, along with Kutty Shivkumar, became ill Saturday morning after Kutty Shivkumar accidentally left the family car running overnight Friday in their garage. Kutty Shivkumar was treated and released from LMH Saturday.