Burglaries and thefts reported
- Seventy-three compact discs, a wallet and other items were stolen between 1 a.m. and 9 a.m. Sunday from a 1981 Volkswagen that was parked in the 2100 block of West 26th. The report indicates that entry may have been made through the vehicle's unlocked hatchback. The loss, including damage to the vehicle, was estimated at $1,485.
- A compact disc tower containing 200 compact discs was stolen between 8 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Thursday from a townhome in the 600 block of Gateway Court. A 24-year-old male occupant of the residence estimated the total value of the missing items at $3,035. Entry possibly was made through an unlocked front door. Police have no suspects.
- Police are investigating a report that an 18-month-old girl was physically abused between Wednesday and Sunday at an unspecified location in the city. The report was filed with police by a 28-year-old Lawrence woman who noticed bruises on the infant's legs.
- A 52-year-old Lawrence man has reported that between 7 a.m. and noon Saturday someone stole property worth an estimated $1,410 from his truck and boat that were parked at the Bloomington West Boat Ramp No. 4 at Clinton Lake. Items reported missing included a tool chest and tools, a trolling motor and a battery. There are no suspects.
Marriage licenses issued
- Mark J. Rose, 29, Lawrence, and Jayna M. Anderson, 25, Lawrence.
- Kenneth M. Privett, 23, Lawrence, and Heather S. Smallwood, 21, Lawrence.