Burglaries and thefts reported
- Property including an amplifier, speakers, a car stereo, 50 compact discs and $150 in cash was stolen between 2:45 and 11:20 p.m. Tuesday from an apartment in the 1100 block of Tennessee. The total value of the property was estimated on a police report at $2,700. Entry was made by prying open a door. There are no suspects.
- A 23-year-old Edwardsville man has reported that on May 23 someone stole a $1,500 Rolex watch from his golf bag as he was playing on the public course at Alvamar, 1800 Crossgate. The theft was reported to police on Wednesday. Police have no suspects.
- A portable radio, seven compact discs and three rings were stolen between 7:50 a.m. and 12:40 p.m. Tuesday from an apartment in the 900 block of Arkansas. The items were valued together on a police report at $1,700. There were no signs of forced entry, and entry may have been made through an unlocked door, according to the report. Police have no suspects.
- Police are investigating a report that between July and September 1994 a 10-year-old Lawrence girl was fondled by a Lawrence man. A report on the incident was filed with police Tuesday. Police have contacted the suspect and the investigation is continuing.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence woman has reported that she was grabbed by a man about 9:36 p.m. Wednesday as she was walking in the 1100 block of Massachusetts. According to a report, the woman was walking south on Massachusetts when the man came up behind her and grabbed her. After the woman began struggling, the man ran west through South Park. The suspect is described as white, between 18 and 20 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches tall, 140 pounds with brown hair. He was wearing a pink, tie-dyed T-shirt and Army green, cutoff shorts.
- Joshua P. Anderson, 20, Wellsville, was listed in good condition this morning at Olathe Medical Center with injuries he suffered May 28 in a two-car accident at the intersection of Douglas County Road 1061 and U.S. Highway 56, east of Baldwin. Marilyn Ammel, 50, Strong City, was injured in the same accident and was listed in good condition this morning at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
Criminal charges filed
- Keahtigh K. Clark, 45, 724 W. 25th, was charged Wednesday in Douglas County District Court with felony criminal damage to property. The charge stems from a May 25 incident in which he allegedly damaged a mirror, a television and other items belonging to a Lawrence woman when he threw the items out of his home. The value of the property was estimated on a police report at $1,000. Clark's preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 15.
Marriage licenses issued
- Timothy D. Lackey, 25, Lawrence, and Julie E. Glore, 26, Mission.
- Bin Zou, 26, Lawrence, and Diana X. Wang, 27, New York.
- Andrew M. Maynard, 30, Lawrence, and Janace L. Flanscha, 30, Lawrence.
- Giovanni M. Pauletti, 33, Lawrence, and Sunita Yadav, 25, Lenexa.