- Responded to a false alarm at 8:11 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Massachusetts.
- Responded to a small kitchen fire at 8:30 a.m. in the 3000 block of 31st. No damage was reported.
- A 2-year-old boy was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital on Saturday afternoon after swallowing gasoline additive at the Walnut campground at Clinton Lake. The boy was in good condition Saturday evening.
- Mary Lane, 97, DeSoto, remained in serious condition Saturday evening at Olathe Medical Center with injuries she suffered in a two-vehicle accident July 4 at the junction of U.S. highways 24-40 and 59 north of Lawrence.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 7:11 a.m. Friday, 2500 block of Blue Ridge Court.
- Medical emergency, 9:17 a.m. Friday, 2000 block of North 1380 Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:47 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of West 21st.
- Auto accident, 12:53 p.m. Friday, 700 block of East 1650 Road.
- Medical emergency, 4:04 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of Harvard.
- Auto accident, 6:09 p.m. Friday, Douglas County Road 442 and East 50 Road.
- Medical emergency, 6:09 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of North 680 Road.
- Medical emergency, 6:13 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Massachusetts.
- Auto accident, 6:30 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of Rhode Island.
- Public accident, 8:38 p.m. Friday, on the Kansas River levee near East Eighth.