Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating the reported theft of $4,071 in cash from Orscheln Farm and Home Supply, 1541 E. 23rd. A police report indicates that a 19-year-old Lawrence man who was working at the business is suspected of taking the money by ringing up refunds for merchandise that hadn't been returned and then pocketing the money. The money is alleged to have been taken between Jan. 6 and June 18. The man has been contacted by police, but no arrests have been made.
- A 21-year-old Lenexa man has reported that between 3 a.m. and 11 a.m. Saturday someone stole an $1,100 mountain bike that was on a bicycle rack on a vehicle parked in the 400 block of West Seventh. Police have no suspects.
- A 32-year-old Lawrence woman was treated and released early this morning from Lawrence Memorial Hospital for injuries she received during a disturbance in the 1900 block of East 19th. The woman told police that a 38-year-old Lawrence man struck her in the head with a board. Police have not contacted the suspect.
- Two Lawrence men reported receiving minor injuries at 1:47 a.m. today during a disturbance at the Replay Lounge, 946 Mass. A police report indicates that a male suspect punched a 23-year-old male employee at the bar in the eye and then hit a 22-year-old Lawrence man in the face. The Lawrence man later was treated and released from LMH for injuries to his face and mouth. The 23-year-old victim did not seek hospital treatment. The report indicated the 22-year-old victim told police he wasn't interested in pressing charges.
- Mary Lane, 97, DeSoto, remained in serious condition this morning at Olathe Medical Center with injuries she suffered July 4 in a two-vehicle accident at the junction of Highways 24-40 and 59, north of Lawrence.