Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1990 Geo Storm, valued on a police report at $6,000, was reported stolen between 12:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 2500 block of Rawhide Lane. Police have no suspects.
- A 22-year-old Lawrence woman reported to police that between 12:01 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, someone stole her 1988 Chevrolet Camaro that was parked in the 1400 block of Tennessee. The car was valued on the police report at $6,000. Police have no suspects.
- A 20-year-old Lawrence man remained in the Douglas County Jail this morning after his arrest in connection with the battery of a 26-year-old Lawrence man early this morning in the 600 block of Gateway Court. According to a police report, the victim was injured about 2 a.m. when the suspect allegedly struck him in the head with a 6-inch cast-iron water meter cap. The victim was struck after he had gone outside his residence to check to see if the suspect had complied with a request to leave the area. The victim went to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where he was treated and released for a cut to the head. The suspect is expected to make a first court appearance this afternoon.
- A 39-year-old Douglas County man has reported the theft of a safe containing $20,000 in cash and miscellaneous other items from his residence about 11.5 miles southwest of Lawrence on Douglas County Road 661. The man told deputies the money was taken between Dec. 1 and Dec. 11. He reported the loss Tuesday.
- Natalie Fluks, age and address unavailable, was treated and released at Lawrence Memorial Hospital Tuesday after being injured in a motor vehicle accident about 10 a.m. at 10th and Fir in Eudora. Further information about the accident was unavailable.
- A Topeka man, Marion West, age unavailable, was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital following an accident shortly after 3 p.m. Tuesday at 23rd and Iowa. A police accident report of the accident was unavailable this morning.
- Christine L. Elston, 41, 1900 W. 31st, was listed in fair condition this morning in an intensive care unit at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., with injuries she suffered Dec. 26 in a three-vehicle accident at 33rd and Iowa.
- Glen Sharp, 617 W. 27th Pl., remained in fair condition this morning at KUMC with injuries he suffered Jan. 1 in a sledding accident on Campanile Hill.
- Daniel J. Rutledge, 28, Perry, has been transferred out of an intensive care unit at KUMC after being injured Jan. 6 in a two-vehicle accident in southern Leavenworth County. He was listed in fair condition this morning by hospital officials.
- Carol Keefer, 41, 1465 E. 732 Road, was released Tuesday from Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Keefer suffered a broken right leg Sunday when a cow knocked her to the ground and butted her with its head. Keefer was attempting to treat the cow's calf.