- Lawrence police arrested a 39-year-old carpenter from Salina on suspicion of possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to the log at the Douglas County Jail. The man paid $1,000 bond and is scheduled to appear at 3 p.m. Wednesday in Douglas County District Court.
- A 27-year-old Lawrence man reported being battered early Friday morning at his home in the 700 block of Rhode Island Street, according to a police report. The man also reported being a victim of criminal damage: two records and two T-shirts were damaged, resulting in a loss of $20, police reported.
- Investigated a report of a chemical odor at 1:40 p.m. Friday at Malott Hall at Kansas University. The odor, on the fourth floor, came from silicone caulk being used for maintenance purposes in a laboratory. "It gives off kind of a chemical smell as it cures," Capt. Joe Hoelscher said. "It quickly dissipated."
- Responded to a call for LifeFlight service at 7:10 p.m. Friday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine. The call later was canceled because of fog.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Auto accident, 8:45 a.m. Friday at the intersection of 20th Street and Haskell Avenue. Both patients refused transport.
- Medical emergency, 11:45 a.m. Friday in the 900 block of West 28th Street.
- Medical emergency, 2 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of Locust Street.
- Medical emergency, 6:27 p.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Maple in Eudora.