- David C. Westphal, 50, Overland Park, remained in critical condition this morning in the critical care unit at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka. Westphal was injured Feb. 15 in a one-vehicle accident about three miles west of Lawrence on U.S. Highway 40.
- Richard L. Steward Jr., 40, Lawrence, remained in critical condition this morning in an intensive care unit at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Steward was injured Tuesday in a two-vehicle accident near 17th and Massachusetts.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Motor vehicle accident, 8:56 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 section of North 300 Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:20 a.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora, patient transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
- Medical emergency, 11:46 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Arkansas.
- Medical emergency, 12:26 p.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 2:35 p.m. Wednesday, 900 block of North Second.
- Medical emergency, 3:27 p.m. Wednesday, Haworth Hall, Kansas University, patient refused transport.
- Car-bicycle accident, 4:27 p.m. Wednesday, 14th and Ohio.
- Motor vehicle accident, 5:52 p.m. Wednesday, 2600 block of Iowa, patient refused transport.
- Medical emergency, 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 8:10 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 10:21 p.m. Wednesday, Kansas University Union, patient refused transport.
- Medical emergency, 11:04 p.m. Wednesday, west gate of the Kansas Turnpike.