Burglaries and thefts reported
- An assortment of 590 collectible playing cards from the Magic "The Gathering" series was reported stolen between 3:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Feb. 16 from a residence in the 1600 block of Pennsylvania. The 30-year-old occupant of the house said the cards, which were kept in a notebook, were taken from a table in the living room. Entry was made through the front door, according to the report. The cards were valued on the report at $2,388.
- A stereo compact disc player and 23 compact discs were reported stolen between midnight and 11:30 a.m. Friday from a 1989 Ford pickup parked in the 1200 block of West Campus Road. Entry was gained through the vehicle's passenger's window.
- A 1965 Ford Mustang, valued on a police report at $6,000, was reported stolen between 1:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. Monday from the 900 block of Ohio. The report indicates the vehicle was stolen by unknown means.
- Two windows, valued on a police report at $1,000, were reported broken between 6 p.m. Friday and 7:10 a.m. Saturday at the law office of Sherri Loveland and Margie Wakefield, 303 W. 11th. According to a report, a brick and a rock were used to break the windows. Police have no suspects.
- An 18-year-old man remained in the Douglas County Jail this morning and a second suspect was being sought in connection with a robbery that was reported about 10:35 p.m. Monday outside Food 4 Less, 2525 Iowa. A 21-year-old Lawrence woman told police she was approached by two men as she was entering the store, and one of the men grabbed her purse. The woman reported that she yelled for help, then chased the men a short distance before returning to the store to call police. A report indicates that several people who were inside the store ran after the suspects and stopped one of them a short distance from the store. A 24-year-old Lawrence man told police that after he took the woman's purse from the first suspect, the second suspect then sprayed him with Mace. Another man who helped chase the suspects then took out his own canister of Mace and sprayed the suspects. The suspect who was arrested by police was booked into jail in connection with robbery and battery. None of the participants in the incident required medical attention, according to the report. The suspect police are seeking is described as a teen-age male who was of either white or white and African American ancestry. He was about 6 feet tall and 150 pounds and was wearing black pants and a black hooded coat.
- Police are investigating a report that a 34-year-old Lawrence woman was raped between Oct. 19 and Feb. 12 in a home in the 2700 block of Harper. Police Sgt. Rick Nickell said police have not yet interviewed the suspect in the case.