Burglaries and thefts reported
- Assorted jewelry, a cordless phone and 38 compact discs were reported stolen between 6 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Saturday from an apartment in the 2100 block of Heatherwood Drive. Entry to the apartment was gained by prying open a sliding glass door. The total loss was estimated at $1,990.
- Car stereo equipment, a trumpet and some textbooks, valued together on a police report at $2,370, were reported stolen between 8 p.m. Thursday and 9:10 a.m. Friday, from a car parked in the 1000 block of Emery Road. A police report indicates that the front passenger window on the 1994 Acura was broken to gain entry into the vehicle.
- A 19-year-old Eudora woman reported to police that she was struck in the face early Saturday morning during a disturbance in the 1000 block of East 23rd. The woman said she was leaving a nightspot about 12:15 a.m. with a group of people when a 24-year-old Lawrence man, who was part of the group, bumped her. The woman said she then sprayed the man with pepper mace and he responded by striking her in the head and face with his fist. No arrests have been made.
- A 25-year-old Lawrence woman reported to police that between 12:40 a.m. and 2 a.m. Sunday she was kidnapped, battered and sexually assaulted by a 34-year-old Lawrence man she had been dating for about a month. According to the woman, she had taken the suspect to his home in the 2400 block of Winterbrook Court when they began arguing about ending their relationship. During the argument, the suspect allegedly forced the victim to drive around in southwest Lawrence. The woman said she was sexually assaulted after the man had her stop her van in the 3800 block of West 24th Terrace. After the assault, the woman said she returned the man to his home and then called police. The suspect was booked into the Douglas County Jail in connection with domestic battery. He remained in custody this morning in lieu of $20,000 bond.
- Investigators from the Douglas County Sheriff's Department are continuing an investigation into the reported rape Friday night of a 32-year-old Lawrence woman. According to the sheriff's report, the victim was spending the weekend with her sister in a rural residence east of Eudora. The report indicates that the sister was away from the residence when the 34-year-old suspect and a juvenile boy came to the residence and the alleged assault occurred. The suspect is acquainted with both the victim and her sister. Judy Osburn, operations coordinator for the sheriff's department, said no arrests have been made.
- A 1987 Suzuki outboard motor, valued at $1,000, has been reported stolen from a sailboat that was in the outdoor boat storage area at Clinton State Park. The 35-year-old Lawrence man who owns the boat said he believed the motor was taken between Jan. 14 and Saturday. A sheriff's report indicates there are no suspects.