Burglaries and thefts reported
- A video camera and quarters valued at $1,010 were stolen between 2 and 7 a.m. Saturday from an unlocked home in the 2500 block of Redbud. Police said the items were taken when an unknown suspect entered the apartment through an unlocked door while residents of the home slept. There are no suspects.
- A wallet, video games and cash valued together at $58 were taken between 3:10 and 3:20 a.m. from a home in the 1300 block of W. 24th Place. Police said an unknown suspect pried open a window at the apartment and entered the apartment while the residents were asleep. There are no suspects.
- A 36-year-old Lawrence woman awoke at 2:27 a.m. Saturday after she heard someone enter her home in the 1700 block of W. 25th. Police say the suspect was a tall skinny man wearing a white T-shirt. Nothing was taken.
- A 28-year-old Lawrence man awoke at 1:30 a.m. Saturday at his home in the 2700 block of Ousdahl and found a man taking his keys and some cash. Police say the suspect was a tall, thin man in his 20's with a small ponytail.
- Stereo equipment, jewelry and other items valued together at $2,583 were taken between 6:48 a.m. and 3:58 p.m. Friday from a home in the 700 block of Kasold Drive. No sign of forced entry was found. There are no suspects.
- A tool box valued at $450 was taken out of a 1988 Chevrolet truck, and $745 worth of damage was done to the truck between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 1:30 a.m. Saturday at 1000 E. 23rd. There are no suspects.
- A VCR, ring, compact disc player and mountain bike valued together at $2,629 were stolen between 7:45 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. Friday from a home in the 100 block of South Park. There are no suspects.
- Electronic equipment and clothing valued at $1,860 were stolen between 11 p.m. Thursday and 1 a.m. Friday from a 1993 Dodge parked in the 400 block of North Second. Police said the suspect broke a window on the vehicle to get in, causing $80 damage.
- Responded to a a spill leak at 7:10 a.m. Saturday at 2147 E. 1400 Rd. They found a car had hit a gas meter, knocking it off. Firefighters shut off the meter.
- Responded to a spill leak at 12:43 a.m. Friday at 2300 Mass., where they washed down the site of a motor vehicle accident.
- Responded to a refuse fire at 2:20 a.m. Friday at 1131 Tenn., where they found a dumpster with flames showing. Firefighters extinguished the fire.
- Responded to a spill leak at 11:15 a.m. Friday at 100 W. 23rd, where they found a small amount of antifreeze in the center of the road that had leaked from a car accident. The area was washed down.
- Responded to a spill leak at 5:33 p.m. Friday at 1410 Kasold, where they found a small amount of gas that had leaked from a gasoline pump when the driver tried to top off the tank.
- Responded to an electrical short at 8:54 p.m. Friday at 2907 W. Sixth St., where they found that tube lighting outside the building arcing. They shut down power to the area and had the owner call an electrician.
- Responded to a garage fire at 11 p.m. Friday at 2720 Meadow Dr. The fire was caused by an electrical short on a motorcycle, which ignited the gasoline. Total damage to the garage and vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Robert D. Underwood, 44, Lawrence, was listed in stable condition Saturday in an intensive care unit at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan. Underwood suffered a fractured neck Wednesday in a diving accident at a private pool in Lawrence.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Motor vehicle accident, 12:31 a.m. Saturday, 23rd and Massachusetts. Six people were treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 1:05 a.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Strong.
- Medical emergency, 2:17 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of W. 12th.
- Medical emergency, 2:24 a.m. Saturday, Gertrude Sellards Pearson Residence Hall.
- Medical emergency, 3:19 a.m. Saturday, 1600 bock of Haskell.
- Medical emergency, 6:13 a.m. Saturday, 1700 E. 1452 Rd.
- Motor vehicle accident, 7:15 a.m. Saturday, 1/2 mile north of Midland Junction.
- Medical emergency, 7:55 a.m. Saturday, 2600 block of Arkansas.
- Medical emergency, 1:35 p.m. Saturday, 2000 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 5:18 p.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Pennsylvania.