Burglaries and thefts reported
- An 18-year-old Lawrence man reported that between 2 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday someone broke into his 1985 Jeep CJ-7 and stole $1,492 worth of compact discs and stereo equipment. The vehicle was parked in the 1300 block of West Campus Road. There are no suspects.
- A 43-year-old Lawrence woman reported that stereo equipment valued at $1,230 was stolen from her 1984 Plymouth Reliant between 1:20 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Tuesday while it was parked in the 3200 block of Longhorn Drive. There are no suspects.
- A 23-year-old Lawrence woman reported that between 10 p.m. Tuesday and 11:15 p.m. Wednesday someone burglarized her 1993 Pontiac convertible while it was parked in the 500 block of Eldridge and stole stereo equipment and cassette tapes valued at $1,273. There are no suspects.
- A 40-year-old Lawrence man reported that an unknown suspect entered his apartment on Regency Place and stole $80 cash and a $40 watch. The aggravated burglary occurred between 12:15 a.m. and 6:10 a.m. Wednesday. Police found no sign of forced entry and there are no suspects.
- A 40-year-old Lawrence man was robbed of $350 cash at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday after an altercation with another man in the parking lot of Johnny's, 401 N. Second. Police say the suspect, a 25- to 30-year-old man with black hair and a tattoo on his elbow, grabbed the victim, removed the money from his wallet and returned the wallet to the victim.
- Police are investigating the attempted rape of a local social service caseworker who had gone to check on a Lawrence man in his home in the 900 block of Ohio. The 25-year-old victim told police that when she went to the man's home at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday, he first asked her for sex. When she told him that would be inappropriate and tried to leave, the 35-year-old man grabbed her from behind. She then broke free, left the residence and called police. The suspect was arrested later in connection with battery and attempted rape. He remains in the Douglas County Jail pending a court hearing this afternoon.
- Montie C. McMickell, 37, Baldwin, was upgraded from critical to fair condition today at Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., with injuries he suffered Tuesday in a motorcycle accident on Douglas County Road 1055 about a half-mile south of North 1000 Road.
- Timothy L. Bruce, 15, 1312 N 1100 Rd., was listed in fair condition today at Lawrence Memorial Hospital with injuries he suffered Tuesday in a one-vehicle accident about two-tenths of a mile north of North 1100 Road on East 1440 Road.
- Matthew Jones, 13, St. Marys, who was injured July 31 in a boat explosion on Lone Star Lake was listed in fair condition today at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, Mo.
- Tyler Thomsen, 12, rural Perry, was listed in fair condition today at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka with injuries he suffered Aug. 3 in a two-vehicle accident about four miles west of Perry on U.S. Highway 24.
- Angela L. Russell, 23, of Blue Springs, Mo., was listed in fair condition today at Truman Medical Center, Kansas City, Mo., with head injuries she suffered Aug. 3 in a one-vehicle accident on the Kansas Turnpike about two miles west of the West Lawrence interchange.
The Douglas County Ambulance Service reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, area of 1800 North 250 Road.
- Bicycle accident, 9:19 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Sixth Street, Baldwin. One patient was treated and released at LMH.
- Medical emergency, 9:47 a.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of Iowa.
- Motor vehicle accident, 12:48 p.m. Wednesday, 27th and Iowa. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:01 p.m. Wednesday, 2100 block of West 27th.
- Medical emergency, 3:09 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of High, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 4:16 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of East 23rd. No transport.
- Medical emergency, 5:06 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Home accident, 6:52 p.m. Wednesday, 2800 block of Gill Road.
- Medical emergency, 7:05 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of St. Andrews.
- Medical emergency, 8:48 p.m. Wednesday, Clinton Parkway and Kasold. Patient transported to St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center in Topeka.
- Home accident, 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, 1200 block of Connecticut. No transport.
- Battery, 2:32 a.m. today, 900 block of Iowa. No transport.